Wednesday, February 11, 2009

burned by fire, again...

from yng we've been told nv to play with fire... but how mani of us actually heed the advice and reallie follow it? i'll always remember the thrill of buiying candles, setting twigs and branches up, pouring all the candles on the playground floor and watching the fire grow to a tremendous amount of energy, enough to consume a wild and unknowing rat to turn it into a bbq food item... how mani times have we actually heeded the warning? none whatsoever...

growing up, i still played with fire, a different kind of fire, one that would consume more then just the wild little rat in my heart, rather one that would consume the whole heart... halfway tru window shopping, i saw this old candle stick on one of the display shelf, half-lit, glowing... the old saying came back to mi saying that i shouldn;t play with fire, but my curiosity got the better of mi and i entered the shop... i smiled at te candle, it smiled back at mi... itz glow seems to beckon mi to go near to it, it seems to be telling mi to buy it, and so i did...

i brought home the half-lit candle and went into my room. showered it with oil and oxygen, making the half-lit candle burn ferociously back at mi... funny thing is, the fire didn't seem to hurt mi, at first... i seem to be enjoying the flames, scorching to my skin it may be, the flames were a welcome change to my cold and quiet house... i danced in the flames, not realising that the fire was getting to near to where it shouldn't be, my logic centre... b4 i knew it, my logic centre, the brain was being comsumed altogether and i was one with the fire of the candle...

the fire changed, i didn't read the small prints stated when i bought the fire, now i see the prints, WARNING! CANDLE MAY BE ACCOMPANIED WITH WIND AND BOMB!, i stopped, i was stunned... the wind appeared and had changed everything, now the fire consumed my room, and the whole place became burning hell... i didn't know what to do! shocked, surprised, scared, regret, angry, all came to mi at once... why had i bought the half-lit candle back home? i didn't understand what i have been thinking when i saw the half-lit candle, now i regret, but what's the point? after so many warnings from frenz to not even go window shopping, i even bought home something, how stupidd of mi...

if onli i've learnt my lesson to not play with fire at all... if onli... but now itz too late, the candle was bought, the fire was fed, my room is burnt and chared and the wind has once again brought away the candle... all that's left as a ''present'' in my room is the bomb that is left unwrapped in the box... i tried to throw away the bomb, but to no avail... it too heavy! but if itz too heavy how did i manage to carry it back home in the first place? i didn't understand... b4 i could do anything, the bomb went off, perfectly timed and placed... like the bomb in hiroshima and nagasaki, the bomb took away everything i had, blew away everything i knew and my house was beyond what i had known...

i searched my own heart, onli to realise that the candle had taken it away while i was dancing in itz flames... i searched my logic bank, onli to realise that itz been overwhealmed by my emotions, unable to react and think of anything, at least not at the moment... i'm broken, broken from the inside... why did the candle have to do this mi? i ask myself... but from a far away whisper, and the onli answer i was left with, was a note left behind after all the destruction, laminated and preserved, on it te note says, i didn't do anything, u choose to buy mi at your own peril...

the candle came back to mi, unaccompanied... ''we could still be friends'' it says, what will my answer be? after all that it has done, my reply was onli, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

1 Comments:

Blogger ...RedMoon... suggested...

I dont know... no matter how small the flame, it can still burn? A fire can shine light into the deepest abyss, it can also light up an entire building. In the end, I think it still depends on how you approach the flame, and whether you can prevent it from getting out of control... I dont know... I really dont know...

12/2/09 00:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home