Wednesday, June 18, 2008

unmasking my false self...

ya, the title certainly sounds scary enough but was pressed on to continue reading... realising that coming out of hiding within ur own false self is in fact accepting God on God's own terms, not the terms that u set with God but what God set with u... not part of the terms but all of it... itz accepting the whole package... and by doing so, we'll finally be our own unique self-in-christ... =D

i guess there're some things tt can be done, practically... and i urge u all, yesh u who are reading this, to do it too... =D spend some time with God alone...

1 ask God to help mi see wat makes mi feel most vulnerable and most like running for cover... allow my self to feel distress if i did not avoid these things. Then allowing God to embrace mi as i am, my true self... itz hard because of guilt... tru out God's word the invitation is clear... ''come unto mi all yee who are weary and heavy laden, and i will give u rest...'' but mani of us feel unworthy and un ready to respond to His invitation because of guilt... we focus on our weaknesses rather then on His mercy... the Blood of Jesus has already made it possible for you and mi to come BOLDLY to the throne of grace, to receive mercy and help... let's responds to His invitation for us to be embraced as we are...

2 Consider how i would like to think about myself, the image of myself which i am most attached to, what i am most proud of myself... Seeing the ways which i use these things to defend myself from the feeling of vulnerability, prepare myself to trust enough to let go of these these ''fig leaves'' of my personal style...

itz a tough load of job to do iznt it?? haha... i think i may be too hard on myself... lox.. hope i can do it ba... =D once again thanx for the book sister, got whacked hard again... =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home